Sickness absence is a major cost to businesses, results in additional work falling to colleagues and can adversely affect morale if not effectively managed. We can review and improve how you manage sickness absence on an individual and company wide basis and help you achieve a reduction in the cost of sickness, no matter how big or small your business is. For example, in an organisation of circa 5,000 staff, a reduction of £964,000 in the cost of sickness was achieved in just one year following review, and good absence management techniques can also be easily and effectively applied in far smaller operations.
We can help you:
- Monitor absence
- Develop strategies for managing absence
- Establish effectiveness measures
- Devise “trigger” mechanisms that highlight those people needing focus and attention
- Develop guidelines and training on how to manage absence including return to work interviews etc.
- Advise and support management on what to do with regard to specific individual absence including where appropriate getting medical input and linking absence into the disciplinary procedures
Management training is also available on the essential skills and knowledge needed to manage absence and deal effectively with short-term, irregular sickness as well as longer-term absences.
Located in Northamptonshire we work with businesses in Northampton, Corby, Daventry, Kettering, Towcester, Wellingborough, Milton Keynes, Bedford, the Midlands and the rest of the UK.
For further information or to arrange a meeting to discuss any issues you are having regarding absence please contact Phil Snelling at HR Bespoke Solutions on 01327 830 008.